May 25, 2021
173 | The Past & Future of Innovative Retail Technology with Eileen Mahoney | Digital Transformation
If there’s one positive thing to come out of this pandemic, it’s that technological advancements that were expected to take years to adopt happened in a matter of months. Is that trend going to continue? Will that be the expectation, or will innovation slow back down?
Eileen Mahoney has been leading digital innovation in the retail industry for decades. She’s the Chief Information Officer at PVH, the parent company of household brand names such as Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, IZOD, Geoffrey Beene, and more.
Eileen shares her perspective on the many shifts in retail technology, not just in the last year, but over the span of her career.
The Role of a CIO
- The role of a CIO used to be about technology and bringing corporate platforms to life. Over time, it has evolved into how to use the information all of this technology gives us to enable functions and enable it as a solution set.
- The expectation is that you understand how solutions will drive business, whatever that business is.
- It is also trying to get rid of all of the manual work and giving people the tools to empower and streamline their jobs.
Leveraging AI Innovations
- Retail has typically operated by looking at last year’s history. That doesn’t always make sense for every situation. We can use AI to start looking at trends in consumer behavior, today.
- How can you use live streaming to give customers a runway feel, online?
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
About The Innovation Engine
Since 2014, 3Pillar has published The Innovation Engine, a podcast that sees a wide range of innovation experts come on to discuss topics that include technology, leadership, and company culture. You can download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on Apple Podcasts. You can also tune in via the podcast’s home on Spotify to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.