August 24, 2015
The 2015 Fortune Brainstorm Tech Conference & More, with David DeWolf
On this week’s episode – The Innovation Engine‘s 75th – we talk with 3Pillar Global CEO David DeWolf about Fortune’s 2015 Brainstorm Tech conference. We take a look at some of the topics that were on everyone’s minds at this year’s conference, why software will continue to play an important role for companies of all shapes and sizes, and the importance creating a great culture has in creating great companies.
David DeWolf is the Founder and CEO of 3Pillar Global, one of the Mid-Atlantic’s fastest growing technology companies. David is passionate about software product innovation, entrepreneurship, and principled leadership. In 2012, he was recognized by the Washington Business Journal as one of “40 Under 40” who are Washington, D.C.’s brightest young business leaders. David writes frequently about leadership, business, life, and technology on his own website, and he or his writing has appeared in publications like Fortune, Fast Company, Investor’s Business Daily, Pando Daily, ZDNet, and more.
Some highlights from this week’s episode include:
- David discusses the importance of culture within a company in reaction to CVS Health EVP Helena Foulkes saying that “the most important thing she does everyday is set the culture of the company”
- David shares advice on networking for introverts and regaining trust within a company, two topics he wrote about recently on Fortune.com for their Leadership Network series
- We play the episode off with a remix of an old familiar intro, courtesy of 3Pillar alum DJ Sidetracked
Listen to the Episode
Interested in hearing more? Tune in to the full episode via the SoundCloud embed below.
You can also download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on iTunes, or tune in via the podcast’s home on Stitcher Radio or SoundCloud to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.
- Learn more about the 2015 Brainstorm Tech conference
- Visit David’s website to read his latest thoughts on Life, Business, Technology, and more
- Follow David on Twitter
- Read David’s latest contributions to Fortune Magazine