October 5, 2015
Innovation & Total Motivation, with Neel Doshi and Lindsay McGregor
On this week’s episode of The Innovation Engine podcast, we look at how to build high-performing cultures through the science of total motivation.
Topics we discuss include how to spot the worst motivation for getting a job done, why culture might not want to eat strategy for breakfast anymore, and how to help employees “long for the sea” in their own ways.
Neel Doshi and Lindsay McGregor join us on this episode of the podcast to discuss those topics and more. Neel and Lindsay are co-authors of Primed to Perform: How to Build the Highest Performing Cultures Through the Science of Total Motivation.
They’re also co-founders of Vega Factor, a company focused on unlocking human potential to build the most adaptive organizations. Prior to founding Vega, Neel was a Partner at McKinsey & Company, as well as CTO and a founding member of Genesant Technologies. Lindsay is a former consultant at McKinsey & Company, where she led strategic and operational projects for Fortune 500 companies in the financial services, media, nonprofit, and education sectors.
Some highlights from this week’s episode include:
- Neel and Lindsay discuss the 6 components of the Motive Spectrum and how they relate to one another
- We discuss the detrimental effects of inertia in employees and why it should be avoided at all costs
- Neel and Lindsay explain what they call our “Blame Bias” and give tips on avoiding this practice
- We discuss how to become the most successful kind of leader – a “Fire Starter”
Listen to the Episode
Interested in hearing more? Tune in to the full episode below:
About The Innovation Engine
Since 2014, 3Pillar has published The Innovation Engine, a podcast that sees a wide range of innovation experts come on to discuss topics that include technology, leadership, and company culture. You can download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on Apple Podcasts. You can also tune in via the podcast’s home on Spotify to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.
- Visit the Primed to Perform website to take a ToMo survey to see how your company fares
- Follow Neel Doshi on Neel Doshi on Twitter
- Follow Lindsay McGregor on Twitter
- Follow Vega Factor on Twitter