November 14, 2015
3Pillar to Host Hello Reactive World! Conference in Romania
The 3Pillar Global Romania offices in Cluj-Napoca and Timisoara will be hosting a technical conference titled “Hello Reactive World!” on back-to-back weekends in November.
The conference will be held in Cluj-Napoca on Saturday, November 14 from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (EET) and in Timisoara on Saturday, November 21 from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (EET).
Both events will follow the same schedule, and will begin with two featured presentations:
- “A Reactive World” given by Robert Cristian and Gabriel Lazar. This will be an introduction to the reactive manifesto and the four essential traits of reactive systems. The speakers will present the context that lead to the publication of the reactive manifesto, as well as cover some of the concepts and technology that makes it possible to code responsive, resilient, and elastic systems. It will be held from 10 am to 11 am (EET)
- “The Importance of Reactive Architectures” given by Artur Ortega. This will discuss architectures of high-performance that are concurrent to event-driven, scalable, and interactive systems. Artur will give an overview of how the Telegraph Media Group uses functional reactive programming (FRP) as a part of the event-driven, scalable, and interactive architecture of their Content integration Platform. He will describe how they map content flows, as well as how they propagate change across systems and integration points. It will be held from 11:15 am to 12 pm (EET)
These presentations will be followed by three workshops, which will all be held simultaneously from 1:30 pm until the end of the conference:
- “Developing User Interfaces using React & rx.js” with Artur Ortega, Vlad Zelinschi, and Cassian Lup
- “Clean Android Application Architecture Based on ReactiveX” with Cirprian Grigor and Karoly Szanto. This workshop will focus on the implementation of an Android application using RxJava and RxAndroid
- “Hands-on with Typesafe’s Reactive Platform” with Robert Cristian and Gabriel Lazar. This workshop will focus on building a mechanism that allows participants to scale an application using Akka clustering. Participants will code in Scala
The event will be held in Cluj-Napoca at the 3Pillar Global office on Bulevardul 21 Decembrie 1989, and in Timisoara at City Business Centre, D Building.
For more information on the event, including a breakdown of its schedule, information on the speakers, and how to register to attend, visit the official EventBrite pages for the Cluj-Napoca event and the Timisoara event.