July 9, 2015
3Pillar CEO David DeWolf Quoted in Investor’s Business Daily Article on Business Insights
3Pillar Global’s CEO, David DeWolf, was recently quoted by Investor’s Business Daily in a report on how being inquisitive and considering out-of-bounds options can provide valuable business insights and lead to a better business in general. David was quoted among other business leaders, including Intel co-founder Andy Grove and Dropbox founder Drew Houston.
The article encourages businesses to explore eight different channels for drawing out new business practices and continually moving the business forward. These channels include:
- Investigate questions that cannot be easily answered
- Revisit roots of why the business exists to tap into original motivation
- Ponder departure by hypothetically erasing the business from the business landscape to see where the business fits into the industry
- Find fans who are the business’s most important customers and its real purpose
- Imagine new leadership to remove constraints and allow for fresher thinking
- Change dollar signs by encouraging no-limits thinking and force a rethinking of practicalities and assumptions
- Tap enthusiasm and discover the passion within the company and the employees
- Support inquisitive types and create a company culture that fuels innovation
David discussed how to support inquisitive types by moving away from “waiting for that bolt of lightning to hit” and instead fostering a business that values culture, feedback, and communication over talent. David emphasized the necessity to create an ecosystem that utilizes the talent already present in a business to innovate, rather than acquiring talent and then sitting back and hoping innovation comes on its own.
To read the full article, click here to visit the Investor’s Business Daily website.