April 8, 2014
2014 NVTC Awards – Maria Izurieta Named a Finalist for Private Company CFO of the Year
3Pillar is pleased to announce that CFO Maria Izurieta has been named a finalist for the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) Private Company CFO of the Year Award. This is the second such honor for Maria in as many months, as it comes on the heels of being named a winner of the 2014 Executive Management Award (EMA) by Washington SmartCEO Magazine.
Among the many reasons Maria was named a finalist for the award were her role in the completion of a $12 million funding round from NewSpring Capital and existing investors last June, being instrumental in starting up 3Pillar's Women in Technology group, and her multi-faceted responsibilities at 3Pillar that extend far beyond that of a typical CFO into HR, Corporate Strategy, and Marketing to name a few. The NVTC serves around 1000 companies and represents rougly 300,000 employees in the Northern Virginia region, making it the largest technology council in the United States.
Led by an 86-member strong Board of Directors, the NVTC is well-known for its array of initiatives to strengthen the technology community in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. The annual awards ceremony, which is entering its 18th year, will be held at The Ritz-Carlton in McLean, VA on June 2nd at 6:00 PM. In addition to Private Company CFO of the Year, other categories include Public Company CFO of the Year, Emerging Growth CFO of the Year, Large Company CFO of the Year, and Financier of the Year. The awards recognize CFOs for their outstanding achievements and excellence in promoting the technology community in the Greater Washington region.
If you're interested in attending the reception, you can register online. Congratulations to Maria, and best of luck to her and the rest of the nominees listed below on June 2nd!
Public Company CFO of the Year
- Cary Claiborne, Sucampo Pharmaceuticals John Ferrari
- United Therapeutics Robert (Bob) Kramer
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc. Brian Radecki, CoStar Group David Walker, MAXIMUS
Private Company CFO of the Year
- Bas Brukx, Clarabridge
- Bill Davis, Blackboard Inc.
- Cathy Graham, 2U Maria Izurieta, 3Pillar Global
- Bill Loomis, FileTek Inc.
- Centennial Computer Corporation Anthony Schulien, ECS Federal Inc.
Emerging Growth CFO of the Year (revenue less than $50 million)
- Robert (Bob) Aldrich, Parature Inc.
- Eileen Anderson, InfoPro Incorporated
- Andrew Garbor, Tenable Network Security
- Joe Harar, EdgeConneX, Inc.
- Jim Keller, BoxTone, Inc.
- Robert (Bob) Latchford, Optoro Inc.
Large Company CFO of the Year (revenue more than $1 billion)
- John Hartley, SAIC
- Hal Jones, Graham Holdings Company
- Roger Millay, Towers Watson
Financier of the Year
- Tony Florence, New Enterprise Associates
- Carter Griffin, Updata Partners LLR Partners
- Tom Roberts, Harbert Venture Partners (HVP)