September 19, 2023
Unlocking Innovation for Technology Companies, with Matt BrandonEpisode 205 of The Innovation Engine podcast.
In today’s transformative digital landscape, what truly defines a tech company? Matt Brandon, the Industry Leader for the 3Pillar Technology Vertical, joins us for a deep dive into some of the common threads he and his team see in technology companies he helps serve. From the rapid evolution of AI to the omnipresence of data, Matt shares insights on navigating opportunities and threats in this fast-moving space.
At 3Pillar, the term “tech company” goes beyond the traditional definition one might think of when envisioning a tech company. Whether it’s a cybersecurity company, a water management company, or even a home relocation firm, if there’s a significant digital or electronics-based product or service, you’re in the tech space.
This episode provides a holistic view of the opportunities driven by data and AI, the challenges of security, and the ever-present need to innovate. Dive into Matt’s perspective on the importance of talent, the essence of agility, and the dual power of quantitative and qualitative data.
Tune in to the full episode to hear lessons that any company can learn from those who are driving continuous innovation in the technology space.
Listen to the Episode
Watch the Full Episode
You can tune in to the full episode via the YouTube embed below.
- Data’s Dominance: The potential of unstructured data transformed into revenue streams.
- Opportunities with AI & Automation: The rise of chatbots, machine learning, and customer experience enhancements.
- Navigating Security Challenges: Addressing trust, privacy regulations, and the crucial role of security hygiene.
- The Startup Threat: Why even giants are wary of innovative startups.
- Tech Industry Hurdles: From the FOMO phenomenon to the importance of a focused strategy.
- Talent’s Centrality: The competitive landscape of tech roles and the essence of staff engagement.
- The Importance of Agility: Emphasizing continuous learning, change management, and deep customer understanding.
- The Magic of Data: Examples of companies leveraging data for competitive advantages and revenue streams.
- Balancing Quantitative vs. Qualitative Data: The importance of understanding both the “what” and the “why” in product development
About The Innovation Engine
Since 2014, 3Pillar has published The Innovation Engine, a podcast that sees a wide range of innovation experts come on to discuss topics that include technology, leadership, and company culture. You can download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on Apple Podcasts. You can also tune in via the podcast’s home on Spotify to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.