July 11, 2023
Transforming a Services Culture to Successfully ProductizeEpisode 202 of The Innovation Engine podcast.
Productizing a services business is no small feat, but the benefits of doing so are vast: improved margins, increased productivity, higher company valuations, and less reliance on increasingly in-demand tech talent. Eisha Armstrong, CEO of Vecteris, joins us on this episode of The Innovation Engine to share more about how to turn a services company into a productized business.
Eisha has established herself as an authoritative voice in this space, having authored two compelling books: Fearless: How to Transform a Services Culture and Successfully Productize and Productize: The Ultimate Guide to Turning Professional Services into Scalable Products. With her deep understanding of the challenges faced by B2B services companies competing against digital-first companies and scaling efficiently, Eisha offers some insightful strategies and tips.
In this conversation, Eisha highlights the importance of setting clear goals to inform your productization approach, treating productization as a portfolio, and overcoming the fear of productization.
Listen in as Eisha and host Scott Varho unpack the essentials of a product-friendly culture, highlighting five levers: vision, organizational structure, governance, talent, and people-related practices. Finally, Eisha introduces us to the ‘four horsemen of productization’: Knowing, Perfectionism, Scarcity thinking, and Individual heroics. She breaks down this daunting task into something surmountable that anyone in a services organization can’t afford to miss.
Listen to the Episode
You can tune in to the full episode via the Libsyn embed below, and you can watch the full episode and highlights via the YouTube embeds below.
Watch the Full Episode
You can tune in to the full episode via the YouTube embed below.
Watch Episode Highlights
These are just a few of the highlights from this episode of The Innovation Engine, featuring Eisha Armstrong.
- The challenge of productizing service offerings and strategies for success
- The importance of treating productization as a portfolio of initiatives
- The benefits of shifting to a product-oriented culture
- The impact of changing buyer behavior on B2B services
- How to balance the predictability of service with unique client needs
- Why creating “bundled solutions” allow organizations to maintain a degree of service customization
- The challenge in monetizing software for non-tech native companies
- The essentials of a product-friendly culture
- Learn more about Vecteris at vecteris.com
- Connect with Eisha on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/eishaarmstrong
- Read Eisha’s books: Fearless: How to Transform a Services Culture and Successfully Productize and Productize: The Ultimate Guide to Turning Professional Services into Scalable Products
About The Innovation Engine
Since 2014, 3Pillar has published The Innovation Engine, a podcast that sees a wide range of innovation experts come on to discuss topics that include technology, leadership, and company culture. You can download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Spotify, and SoundCloud to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.