September 8, 2015
The Hub of All Things & More, with Irene Ng
On this week’s episode of The Innovation Engine podcast, we’ll be talking about The Hub of All Things, aka HAT. We’ll be discussing what exactly the Hub of All Things is, why you shouldn’t be alarmed to hear that it will make corporations out of everyone, and how digitization is changing the way we buy and use products and services.
Irene C L Ng, Professor of Marketing and Service Systems and Director of the International Institute for Product and Service Innovation at WMG, University of Warwick, joins us this week to discuss all that and more.
In addition to her role at IIPSI, Irene also leads the £1.2m UK government-funded HAT research project. She has published numerous articles in a multitude of domains, including management, marketing, engineering, information systems, economics, education, and sociology. She is the author of two books, The Pricing & Revenue Management of Services: A Strategic Approach, and the highly acclaimed Value and Worth: Creating New Markets in the Digital Economy.
Some highlights from this week’s episode include:
- Irene discusses how the Hub of All Things will help individuals reclaim their data and take control over how it’s shared and with whom
- Irene talks about what she calls the “Market of One” and how it will someday allow us to do things like manufacture the absolutely perfect pair of shoes for ourselves
- The parallels Irene sees between the dawn of the Internet of Things and the early days of television, when TV shows were little more than radio shows recorded live
Listen to the Episode
Interested in hearing more? Tune in to the full episode via the SoundCloud embed below.
You can also download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on iTunes or tune in via the podcast’s home on Stitcher Radio or SoundCloud to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.
- Follow Irene C L Ng on Twitter
- Visit the official website for the Hub of All Things
- Get Irene’s most recent book, Value & Worth: Creating New Markets in the Digital Economy, on Amazon.com