October 12, 2015
Productivity in the Workplace & Beyond, with Laura Vanderkam
On this week’s episode of The Innovation Engine podcast, we look at productivity in the workplace and beyond — how changing your personal rhetoric can help you refocus your efforts, how much more leisure time you have than you think, and why having partners in crime can make any hill look less steep.
Laura Vanderkam, author of I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time, joins us this week to discuss all that and more.
Laura is also the author of 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think and the What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast series of ebooks. She is a frequent contributor to Fast Company.com and is a member of USA Today‘s Board of Contributors. Her work has appeared in publications like The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and Fortune, and she has appeared on the Today Show, Fox & Friends, and on numerous other TV outlets to discuss her ideas on time management, productivity, and more.
Some highlights from this week’s episode include:
- Why affirming and assuming that you actually have free time will help it become a reality
- The habits that some of the world’s most successful people employ to free up time in a busy schedule
- The average – and shockingly high – number of hours Americans spend every week watching TV
Listen to the Episode
Interested in hearing more? Tune in to the full episode via the embed below.
About The Innovation Engine
Since 2014, 3Pillar has published The Innovation Engine, a podcast that sees a wide range of innovation experts come on to discuss topics that include technology, leadership, and company culture. You can download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on Apple Podcasts. You can also tune in via the podcast’s home on Spotify to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.
- Visit Laura Vanderkam’s official website for more of her writing, as well as some speaking clips
- Follow Laura Vanderkam on Twitter
- Get Laura’s most recent book, I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time, on Amazon.com