February 16, 2018
The Future of Healthcare Technology & HIMSS18 – with Ann Silberstein & Elisabeth Beller
In Take 3, Scene 31, we'll be exploring both current healthcare trends and what the future holds for the healthcare space. Elisabeth Beller and Ann Silberstein join us in the studio ahead of their attendance of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Conference (HIMSS) in Las Vegas to discuss how they see the healthcare space evolving in the coming year.
Ann and Elisabeth will be attending HIMSS18 from March 4th to March 8th. Listen to the episode to hear what sessions they'll be attending throughout the week, including the Innovation Symposium on Monday, connect with them on LinkedIn to set up a time to meet, and look out for them on the conference floor.
Listen to the Episode
Interested in hearing more? Tune in to the full episode below.
- Ann identifies two major healthcare trends from CES in January: the consumerization of health technology and data, and the increased emphasis around the patient experience.
- A company called Sproutel is innovating cancer treatment for children with a new robotic duck, and they are giving them away to cancer patients through a partnership with Aflac.
- There's a common misconception that innovation is expensive and time-consuming, which just isn't true - so Ann and Elisabeth are excited for the upcoming symposium at HIMSS on how to make innovation happen when you have sparse resources.
- Ann and Elisabeth will also be attending another session at HIMSS that explores human factors, user experience, and design thinking in healthcare.
- We discuss why blockchain still seems like a perfect solution for many problems in the healthcare space - and why it still seems years away.
- Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and J.P. Morgan have teamed up to lower costs in the healthcare space. What does this mean going forward?
- Elisabeth and Ann find it encouraging to see a trend that emphasizes empathy in patient care:
- Connect with Ann and set up a time to meet with her at HIMSS: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with Elisabeth and set up a time to meet with her at HIMSS: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Read more on their thoughts from HIMSS17: "From HIMSS17 to the ER: The State of Healthcare Technology"