May 2, 2014
Drafting an Innovation Blueprint, with Rowan Gibson
For the 13th episode of "The Innovation Engine" podcast, internationally acclaimed author and speaker Rowan Gibson joins us to discuss how companies can draft a blueprint for corporate innovation. Many companies and corporate leaders say they want to be innovative, but what does it take to truly make innovation a systemic capability? That's the question we look to get to the bottom of in this episode of the podcast.
Rowan is a world-renowned innovation expert who has served as a keynote speaker on innovation in 60 countries around the world. He is the internationally bestselling author of two major books on innovation, Innovation to the Core and Rethinking the Future, both of which are published in more than 20 languages. Rowan is also co-founder of Innovation Excellence.com, the most popular innovation website in the world, built on an international group of over 22,000 members from 175 countries.
Among the topics we cover on the lucky 13th episode of The Innovation Engine podcast are:
- The 4 critical areas that companies need to have aligned before they are ready to launch an enterprise innovation engine
- How the most successful and innovative companies in the world see things through 4 different lenses
- Common components of an innovation blueprint, or what an innovation blueprint should look like
- What companies like GE, P&G, and IBM know about the importance of innovation in creating long-term shareholder value
- Why it's important that innovation initiatives are supported at the highest levels of any organization
Looking to draft your own blueprint for corporate innovation? Listen to the entire episode via the Stitcher Radio embed below to hear some tips on how to get started.
If you're interested in listening to previous episodes of the podast, you can subscribe to the The Innovation Engine on iTunes or tune in via the podcast’s home on Stitcher Radio to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.