August 3, 2015
Digital Entertainment World & More, with Ned Sherman
On this week’s episode of The Innovation Engine podcast, we take a look at the 2016 Digital Entertainment World Expo. We discuss how to get involved in the 2016 start-up competition at the expo, as well as how technology is changing both the Media and Entertainment world and the event world.
Ned Sherman joins us on this episode to discuss those topics and more. Ned is the co-founder and CEO of Digital Media Wire, a digital media company that provides strategic consulting, manages marketing campaigns for digital media brands, and owns and produces industry conferences. Digital Media Wire also publishes daily newsletters and operates the DMWMedia.com news and community portal.
Ned currently sits on the board of The Technology Council of Southern California and the NAB Show Advisory Council. He is the founder and creator of the Billboard Digital Entertainment Awards, which he sold to VNU/Nielsen in 2006, and is the co-founder and co-creator of Digital Entertainment World, a joint venture with IDG World Expo.
Some highlights for this week’s episode include:
- Ned talks about what to expect from this year’s DEW Expo, including how start-up companies can both participate and compete
- Ned gives us a few companies from last year’s DEW Expo that he projected to make waves within the Media and Entertainment sector
- We discuss the new technologies within the media sector and how they’re making an impact on company structure and policy
- Ned shares his thoughts on
Listen to the Episode
Interested in hearing more? Tune in to the full episode via the SoundCloud embed below:
You can also download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on iTunes or tune in via the podcast’s home on Stitcher Radio or SoundCloud to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.
- Follow Ned Sherman on Twitter
- Visit the Digital Entertainment World Expo official website
- Visit the Digital Media Wire website